- User account
- It's not mandatory to create an user account to contribute, but there are advantages in having one. Learn how to create your own.
- User preferences
- Now that you've created an account, you can customize your preferences to fit your needs.
- User page
- With your account, a page is reserved for you ; you can experiment, introduce you and create your first drafts. Personnalize your space
- Change your username
- If your username doesn't fit you anymore, change it fast, explanations on this page.
- Newcomer log
- A few word to express your interest centers, how you've learnt about Ekopedia...
- How to rename a page ?
- Sometimes, after an article is created, its name doesn't fit it anymore. In this case, you can rename the article.
- How to create a redirecting page ?
- To ease-up access to articles and prevent duplicates, it is necessary to create redirecting pages, that point multiple pages to a main article.
- How to settle a copyright breach
- To contribute to the encyclopaedia's protection against legally-protected texts.
- How to delete a page or a picture ?
- It is sometimes necessary to delete a page or a picture from the encyclopaedia, if it's inadequate, a copyright breach, or if it doesn't follow the guidelines. See Page to delete.
- How to merge two pages ?
- Sometimes contributors create a page without knowing that it already existed under a slightly different name. These two must then be merged into one.
- How to split a page ?
- On the contrary, it can be useful to separate a digression in a new article, to keep the original article centered on its subject.
- How to create a homonymy page ?
- A same title can refer to more than one article, in completely different domains. Here's how to create homonymy pages.
- How to edit a page
- Learn how your can contribute to the encyclopaedia.
- Starting a new page
- To create a new page (Personal page, article, category, ...), we always do the same thing, explained here.
- What syntax to use
- You're going to learn the strong points on wikitext syntax, easy-to-use in Ekopedia's pages.
- How to link articles together
- Being different from a traditional encyclopedia, Ekopedia allows you to surf easily from an article to another. Add internal links when you create or modify articles.
- How to insert an external link
- Some articles could link to reference sites, giving more information on the article's topic.
- How to insert a table
- On Ekopedia, using HTML to insert tables in article is discouraged. There is a special Wiki syntax to handle this.
- How to use categories
- Categories are useful to group articles together by topic.
- How to use templates
- Templates are used to include messages and standard tables in articles. See Ekopedia's Templates.
- Edit conflict
- It can happen that two contributors work on the same article. Here you can learn how to prevent problems.
- How to insert a picture in an article ?
- Images are the second media most present in Ekopedia, after writings. They are used to illustrate an article. Learn how to insert your pictures.
- How to create a picture gallery ?
- If you want to put many pictures, don't manualy create a table to organize them, as the wiki syntax allow you to use a simple trick.
- How to import a file ?
- To use a picture, you must first put it's file on the server. It is necessary to follow the described steps, and clearly indicate from where it comes and which license it uses.
- All available pictures
- Ekopedia already contains some pictures imported bu Ekopedians on our server. They are sorted by topic.